Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week5: 8 mile run!


The TNTers met at Almaden Lake Park in San jose. There were several options depending upon the program we are training for. We can do 4 miles/6 miles or 8 miles run. Since I was prepping myself mentally for a 8 miles run this week, I went all the way. It is a circuit with 4 miles end to end. There were mile markers every mile and a lot of mentally motivating chalk-marks on the way. So, it did not really feel like 8 miles. Every 2 miles there was a water stop (water + some electrolyte crap). At 4 mile marker, there were Cliff gel packets. I liked it better than the Power gel. I finished the 8 miles in 1:40 minutes (12 min mile). I don't think I will be able to improve the time a lot. But with more core workouts (without cheating) and stretches, I can improve the comfort level post run. And that's all I care about.

When I first read the schedule, I thought this was nuts. 3 weeks into formal training, and they want us to run 8 miles! Now, I trust those guys know what they are doing. In 2 weeks from now, we are doing 10 miles run in Coyote Creek. That's the next milestone!

Peace,
sai.

No comments:

Post a Comment