Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week16: Monterey regional run

Was planning for a 20-miles run... Coach grounded me since the 20 miles run is only for San Diego runners. Since I am training for Seattle, this is a taper down week (16 miles). You know what.. I ain't complaining. My leg still has not recovered from my last week's run and my new shoes haven't arrived. So, it is a blessing in disguise. @ Monterey, the weather was perfect and our running trail closely hugged the coast the whole route. It was a beautiful sight.

That said, I started getting knee pains starting right from Mile 5. So, not a good thing :-( With only 48 days to go, I have to build up enough strength and loosen up those friggin' IT band!.. and yeah hydrate and sleep for 8 hours every night!

Peace,
sai

No comments:

Post a Comment