Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week 10: 8-mile OYO run

Most of our Saturday runs are on flat terrain. But the Seattle RnR marathon has a course that looks like a Stock chart. Miles 5 to 6 and 14 through 18 has "ups" that can go from 0 to 250 feet in as little as 1/2 mile. I wanted to simulate that this weekend. In Evergreen area, there are roads (Quimby between Ruby and Rue Mirassou for one) that have this kind of elevation gain. I plotted a 4 mile route and ran it twice (once clockwise and once anti-clockwise just to reverse the ups and downs) for a total of 8 miles. Though I did the Capitola run at a reasonable 11 min mile pace for 12 miles, I was able to run the 8 miles only at 12 min mile pace. As long as I am adding the miles, I aint complainin' :-)


Peace,
Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment