Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 9: Wharf to Wharf and back to Wharf :-)


I did the 12 miles run from Capitola to Santa Cruz board walk and back to Capitola today. It was so mind blowingly beautiful. The trail was on the coast line. So, except for the last 0.5 miles of diesel fumes from the utility vehicles at Santa Cruz board walk, the whole route was serene and inspiring. We ran close to the coast, enjoying the sunrise (albeit behind us - not infront of us), ran on concrete bridges, hanging bridges, wooden bridges, and on a railway track that was laid on a hanging wooden bridge. I am starting to enjoy the saturday long runs. There were hydration stalls spread every 3 miles. The "Gu" gel and the "Gu2O" is working well with my stomach though I don't have any complains about power gel as well. Sucked the gel every 45 minutes (with plenty of water.. man the taste is awful) and reached the destination with no pains. I got a good pace as well. 12 miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes. May be more time on treadmill in the future weeks will give me better control of the pace.

Peace out,
sai.

No comments:

Post a Comment